– Develops and implements local scientific communication strategy and plan consistent with the agreed business strategy, assuring that company brand is communicated with the focus on nutrition science, quality and food safety.
– Access and work with strategic partners including veterinarians, veterinary clinics, pet stores, breeders, pet communities, and universities.
– Effectively educate customers, consumers (pet owners), and company Associates on the relevant components of our brands, veterinary clinical nutrition and the health of cats and dogs.
– Delivers sales support through scientific communication and coaching to all sales departments.
– Partners with marketing in all 3 pillars to design, develop and review campaigns based on scientific info, checking texts and materials
– Collaborates on pet owner and media events mainly as a nutritional expert, factory tour guide, or speaker, occasionally developing tailor-made presentations on scientific topics
– Search, filter and analyze competitor and scientific data to provide insights for building and deploying strategies or action plans to achieve competitive edge.
Context and Scope
The priority of this role is to have the capability to effectively implement and continuously improve the company’s scientific communication in the market. The holder of the role has to be capable of sharing knowledge about cat and dog nutrition both in written form and orally to varying audiences both internally and externally.
The holder should be capable of building powerful relationships with important stakeholders in the business by consulting and active collaboration. Scientific Communication Specialist acts as a scientific support for all sales and marketing teams by training and coaching and by helping with challenging issues and enquiries.