|This position will advocate and promote with the appropriate government officials and general stakeholdersan environment of fair trade and sensible regulation. It will work closely with other functions (e.g. Commercial, Finance, Manufacturing, HR, etc).It is also responsible for Public Relations, Internal Communications, and Crisis Management. In summary the roles and responsibilities are: a) government relations, b) regulatory affairs, c) internal and external communications.
Establish strong relationships with government officials, regulators and stakeholders to minimize the adverse impact of non sensible regulations on business.
Provide support to supply chain and management to maximize opportunities arising from tax and trade agreements to leverage our sourcing opportunities.
Understand the organization’s current and future business objectives generally and understanding in a timely manner how specific legislative and other governmental developments might affect the company and develop the appropriate strategies to minimize negative impact and maximize company’s competitive advantages.
Influencing, when appropriate, actions of legislative or executive bodies on strategic matters using resources such as trade associations, issue coalitions, direct relationships and contract lobbyists from a position that supports the company business objectives.
Securing commitments of discretionary economic development incentives (tax abatements, public financing, infrastructure or training grants, etc.) from state and local development agencies to support business expansion or new location projects.
Developing and maintaining working relationships with key federal, state and local officials, as well as personnel in key business associations (Chambers, Manufacturers associations, trade associations, etc.) to enable effective and economical lobbying activities.
Ensuring that the above engagements with government officials, business associations & contract lobbyists are conducted in a manner that is professional, compliant with federal and state ethics laws, compliant with Code of Conduct & otherwise reflective of corporate values.
The position is responsible for providing unique and critical Regulatory Compliance capabilities.
His/Her functional expertise is at the service of 2 specific goals:
• Maximize opportunity & minimize risk by guiding business decisions based on regulatory insight and provide appropriate governance structure.
• Ensure compliance with product-related regulation, including but not limited to: Ingredients, labeling, claims, product registration, packaging & import/export challenges
Communication (Internal and External)and Crisis Management
Develop and oversee internaland external (PR)communication programs, working with the LT.
Align resources to achieving the communication strategy, including staff/agencies, budgets and the current program of activities.
This position designs and executes internaland external (PR)communication programs, favoring dialogue among all levels in the organization, contributing to employees engagement, leverage of key messagesand to promote the company’s values. The professional is responsible for:
• Aligning internal communication in all areas (staff, sales force, and factory).
• Creating an internal “tone of voice” for senior management for the communication of key strategic and business goals. This will involve crafting messages and suggesting draft materialsfor use in all communications. Providing advice, consultancy and coaching to other internal stakeholders on the effective use of external communication to support business objectives.
• Create and deploy communication strategies and tactics, orchestrating messages and communication tools in line with company polices and managing resources, to:
o Contribute to the improvement of the employees engagement index.
o Support senior and line management in the communication process with their teams.
o Work close to business areas to influence internal audience
o Mobilize internal communications network
o Lead the crisis committee
o Coordinate actions to align internal and external communications strategies within segments and corporate area
o Editor in Chief of company’s commsvehicles
• Manage the efforts for local external communications activities.
• Manage and deliver strong proactive communications program (PR).
Co-ordinate local communications risk management processes including issue tracking and business continuity planning.
• Co-ordinate media communications and develop strategies linked to local business initiatives and efforts to positively influence the business trading environment.
• Act, when need, as a leading spokesperson for the company with media, at any time.
• Managethe area Press office servicing the segments.
|- Minimum 5-10 years experience in government relations, policy-related legal practice, and/or in central government. Also needed experience in managing the communications area.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish;
- Proven diplomacy and advocacy skills to effectively handle relationships with government officials;
- Proven experience in managing the communications area;
- Foreign work experience highly desirable;
- Ability to develop and implement strategies to secure support from key government agencies and regulators relevant to the technology industry;
- Proven leadership, interpersonal and consensus building skills;
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Organizational Agility
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Decision quality
- Managerial reporting into the GM
- Functional reporting into the Global CA Head