|PURPOSE OF ROLE
The purpose of this role is to:
Partner with Plant Director and Management Team in the development and delivery of the plant business strategy & financial shape (Prime, MCC, NWC, Capex).
Ensure the custodianship of the plant management
Design and implement lean and effective finance processes and improve current processes when opportunity exists
The key accountabilities of the role are:
Understand and influences the overall plant performance of processes within network to drive optimized efficiency levels.
Collaborate with plant management to develop financial KPIs to drive process flow improvement covering prime, MCC, NWC & Capex.
Review plant performance on a daily, weekly, periodic basis. Identify risks and opportunities and bring heads-up messages to plant management and drive for improving action plans.
Lead internal & external benchmarking.
Provide timely, accurate performance analysis to and review with plant management, identify risks & opportunities.
Manages plant budget planning & rolling forecast process.
Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the plant management (i.e., investment plan, production shifts setup, material sourcing plan, inventory level, etc).
Overall responsibility for plant finance for non-finance training.
Assist in plant internal control initiatives implementation. Ensures compliance of internal control policies in plant.
Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits regarding plant business.
Coordinates with appropriate legal/tax consultancy related to financial and corporate governance compliance and risk assessment matters for plant initiatives.
Accounting / processes
Review and ensure on-time and high quality delivery of all plant period-end closing activities including inventory movement cut-off, physical count, MCC accrual & settlement, inventory valuation & provision, closing batch run, reporting & analysis, etc.
Lead, coordinate and oversee the preparation of all plant related financial management reports, special analysis and information reports.
Enhance, develop, implement and enforce standard policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the overall operation efficiency and effectiveness in plant.
People and Systems
Develop and fulfill talent management for subordinator- plant Financial Operations Specialist (AP & control) by coaching & mentoring.
Optimize and maximize the utilization of the ERP or cube for more efficient processes.
Involve in design and implementation of plant ERP system upgrades or new business application.
The time should be allocated to the different area as follow for the first year:
Business Insight: 20%
People and systems: 40%
|KEY FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
• Functionally Competent in Financial Controlling, Cost accounting, Inventory management, Capex management, Budget Management & internal control concepts.
• Knowledgeable in the application of analytical techniques to evaluate potential business initiatives and assess their impact on strategic fit, operations and resources.
• Able to design and operate an effective business planning process and track the performance of the business against its plans in an efficient and affordable manner.
• Able to lead, develop and implement effective and efficient business processes and transactions processing systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP system.
• Good command of English.
• Proven track record as a Financial Controller role in plant unit more than 3 years and overall finance experience should be more than 10 years.
• Excellent financial control skills and capability to act as a business partner.
• Highly developed leadership capabilities and a “non hierarchical” and involving approach to getting things done.
• Prove track record for people management and development.
• Strong “product” background (as opposed to “services”)
• Factory ERP system experience
Accounting / Commerce bachelor degree or above